An exciting opportunity has opened up for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to become our new Ladies 1st Team Head Coach.
Club – Inverleith Hockey Club
Team – Head Coach, Ladies 1st Team
Contract Start – August 2021
Payment – Competitive and discussed on job offer
Inverleith Hockey Club is now in its 104th season. With 120 adults and 300+ children we are one of the largest hockey programmes in the country. Our ladies section are now actively seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and capable hockey coach who can lead and develop the Ladies First Team hockey programme.
A player/coach role will also be considered for the right candidate; or indeed someone looking to progress their career in a coaching environment in their first step as a pure coach without playing. We are exceptionally supportive of the development of our people and funding is available on a partnership basis for any further coach education.
About IHC and our Ladies First Team:
- IHC Ladies First Team play in Scottish Hockey National League Division 2, the second tier of hockey in Scotland.
- The team is currently made up of a mixture of ages.
- Our club has a strong Youth Section and have brought many strong players through the ranks from youth up to first team and beyond to Scotland squads.
- Plan and deliver two, 1.5 hour training sessions every week (currently Mondays and Thursdays)
- Attend and coach match days (mainly Saturdays), both home and away
- Work with the leadership group within the team for all administrative duties associated with team selection, match organisation and league administration
- Collaborate with other coaches across the club on player selection, talent identification and ensuring challenging opportunities for all
- Liaise with our Technical Director to develop and support our pathway system and the club’s style of play
- Be part of developing a 5 year plan for our Ladies First Team
- Report to our Technical Director, who holds oversight across all hockey programmes, and the Ladies Vice President.
We are ambitious about the future and hope to find Inverleith Ladies embedded within the Scottish Premiership in years to come.
For a discrete, confidential discussion, or to find out more, please email Rosina Barton (Ladies Vice President) at email@example.com