Having now gained promotion to the Premiership, our ladies section are now actively seeking to add an enthusiastic, motivated and capable hockey coach to our Ladies First Team coaching staff, in the following job role.
Role – Head Coach, Ladies 1st Team
Salary – Negotiable dependant on qualification and experience, up to £350 per month
Contract Start – August 2022
Applications Open – Until 12th July
Inverleith Hockey Club is now in its 105th season. With 120 adults and 350+ children we are one of the largest hockey programmes in the country. Founded as a mixed social club in 1917, we have a 100 year old history of being inclusive. With hockey programmes for under eights through to veterans, catering for everyone from social players to internationalists, we continue to be Edinburgh’s hockey club for everyone. Our ladies section are now actively seeking to add an enthusiastic, motivated and capable hockey coach to our Ladies First Team hockey programme, in a leading capacity.
A player/coach role will also be considered for the right candidate; or indeed someone looking to progress their career in a coaching environment in their first step as a pure coach without playing. We are exceptionally supportive of the development of our people and funding is available on a partnership basis for any further coach education.
About IHC and our Ladies First Team:
- Having gained promotion through an unbeaten season in 2021/22, the IHC Ladies First Team will play in Scottish Hockey Premiership League in the coming season
- The team is currently made up of a mixture of ages.
- Our club has a strong Youth Section and have brought many strong players through the ranks from youth up to first team and beyond to Scotland squads.
- Plan and deliver two, 1.5 hour training sessions every week (currently Mondays and Thursdays)
- Attend and coach all match days (mainly Saturdays), both home and away
- Work with the leadership group within the team for all administrative duties associated with team selection, match organisation and league administration
- Collaborate with other coaches across the club on player selection, talent identification and ensuring challenging opportunities for all
- Work with the club to develop and support our pathway system and the club’s style of play
- Be part of developing a 5 year plan for our Ladies First Team
We are ambitious about the future and hope for Inverleith Ladies to retain Scottish Premiership status and be embedded within the league in years to come.
For a discrete, confidential discussion, or to find out more, please email Rosina Barton (Ladies Vice President) at email@example.com